Magic Green Sauce? Made with all green foods. Whipped up in five minutes.
It’s reminiscent of guacamole because of the avocado-cilantro-lime goodness, but the parsley, the pistachios, and the olive oil keep it from being decidedly Mexican in flavor.
It is compatible with salads, chips and crackers, sandwiches, dipping vegetables, tacos, and quesadillas.
It can be anything: dressing, sauce, spread, dip, or marinade.
All plants. All green. All the best tangy lime flavor with the creamy avocado and the punchy garlic and the textured herbs and nuts.
• 1 avocado
• 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
• 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
• 2 cloves garlic
• juice of one lime (or two – get lots of limey goodness in there!)
• ½ cup water
• ½ cup olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ cup pistachios
1. Pulse all ingredients – except pistachios – in a food processor until incorporated.
2. Add pistachios and pulse until mostly smooth (depends on what consistency you want).
3. Serve as a dip, spread, or sauce — or add additional water or oil to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or a marinade.